Saturday 13 April 2013

Like a boss

This happened a while back and it slipped my mind to share this earlier.
Went to a korean bbq joint in Clarke Quay called Boss BarBQ Korean for dinner and here is what I think of the place.

A colleague bought some discount coupons online, so we decided to go give it a try.
I remember getting there at about 7-ish and were given a relatively low table w garden type armchairs which were, I thought a little uncomfortable but the korean stars on the large flat screen tv on my right shifted the attention away from the initial discomfort. .

The lighting gave me a headache because the lights changed from one colour to another every 5 secs making it challenging to read the menu properly.
I wanted to pick anything at one point just so I could escape hurting my eyes further.
We decided to share 3 dishes and all were pretty good.

Loved the seafood soup the best. However, i think it was the msg that made it good. It had instant noodles, sausage and egg in it which I thought was very cheap home styled looking cooked food for a restaurant to serve.
The roast pork was yummy the way roast pork should be - juicy where the fats are and crispy where the skin is.
The 3rd dish was the beef stew which had a messy appearance that definitely did it's taste some injustice.
Overall
2.5/5 for food
2/5 for ambience.
3/5 for price
Think the bill came up to be about 70 over dollars for 3 of us.
Definitely have had better korean food in singapore but I shall leave it to you to decide.
To each his own.


No comments:

Post a Comment