Thursday 17 April 2014

Cat and the Fiddle Cake - Maneki Neko


How time flies. The boss is another year older today and we got the privilege of having great tasting cheese cake from Cat and the Fiddle for her birthday.

The boss' partner got her a Maneki Neko cake from Cat and the Fiddle and it was very yummy.
Every bite taken into this cold and creamy delight was rather pleasurable.

According to the Cat and the Fiddle website, this cake is made with lemon, mandarin orange and yuzu aka pomelo to which I find to be a rather special and interesting ingredient to put into a cheesecake.

We have tasted lemon cheese cake before which can be overpowering but never pomelo cheesecake until today and I must say this tangy twist is what adds that refreshing oompf to the cake.

Based on my judgement, the first layer seemed to be a thin layer of gelatin infused with yuzu (pomelo), orange and lime skin but I could be wrong on this. Flavours are very concentrated in this layer.
The 2nd layer was definitely cheese cake and it was not very sweet.
The 3rd layer had a milky taste and creamy texture to it but I'm not sure what it was exactly.
And the bottom and final layer was the biscuit crust which I thought was a little too fine in texture, and not buttery enough in taste.
The layers do compliment each other very well though.

Another plus point about the cake is its reasonable cost - a 1.1kg cake only costs $28 to buy.

I really liked the cake.
Awesome choice by the boss' partner.
Will buy for myself and my family in the future.
4☆

REFERENCE: www.catandthefiddle.com







No comments:

Post a Comment