Saturday 4 May 2013

Saturday Morning w My Kouign Amman - Tiong Bahru Bakery

My ever giving other half brought me to Tiong Bahru Bakery at Raffles City S.C
for very lovely pastries and coffee on this beautiful saturday morning all because I had cravings for pastry.

This bakery has another outlet along Eng Hoon St in Tiong Bahru which I have not been to as yet and would love to visit someday.

In collaboration with celebrity baker Gontran Cherrier,  this place is a great place to come to for good 'ol french pastry and coffee.

KOIUGN AMMAN is a must try at this bakery as it is their specialty pastry. Though coated in caramel sugar glaze, this pastry is not too sweet. Its chewy and very flavoursome yet not too buttery.

The other pastry you must try is their croissant which is highly rated. Its not as oily and flaky as the usual croissants sold at other bakeries. Just freshly layered, fluffy and awesome.

The next time I visit,  i am getting my hands on their squid ink bun burger which I have heard is fantastic.

Last but not least, please try their coffee because its brewed and made very well. Aromatic, robust, and simply palette satisfying.

All in all, we enjoyed our time there not only because of the food they serve but the friendly service we received from the staff working there.

Kudos to Tiong Bahru Bakery for bringing a taste of France to Singapore.
My Rating:
4.5/5

B1-11 Raffles City Shopping Centre or
56 Eng Hoon St (closed on Tuesdays)


No comments:

Post a Comment